Old Jokes

Mixing vodka and redbull with this ball point pen,
As abuse youths look for people to move to in every, single ends,
Wake up, lose two days and even more in friends,
Last text says "Mate, we'll talk in a few days, I just need to sort my head",
Now I'm stood beside your coffin and you're kinda, sorta dead,
And the last time you led in a box like this, I tried sawing off your legs,
Remembering we were wizards as I feel shivers I see the flecks of red,
Sauce as blood and despite myself, images of you spread warmth across my head,
I see a room full of people that really need your strength,
So I tell this first story and we discuss your life at length,
Your mum gets out the photo book, birthdays and camping out in tents,
Commenting on youth, simple times and how quickly it all went,
Wiping tears from eyes reminding each other this isn't how you'd want time spent,
We take turns telling your best jokes,
Each old punchline feels like fresh hope,
The Englishman, the Irishman or the one about The Pope,
It doesn't really matter each laugh just makes it feel as if you're close
Each chuckle loosens buckles compressed against our chests,
Each chuckle, honeysuckle that makes the hurt a little less.





Comments